44

So, on the occasion of my 44th birthday, and in celebration of our living here for two years now, I present these two photos of the unbelievable sunset we enjoyed on Friday night, May 1st. The sun was a massive molten orange ball in the sky as it set, and the way it reflected off the clouds in the sky made it look like a slow-moving meteorite heading west.
This is a photo of the east wall of our dining room, with the setting sun reflected as a huge flaming orange ball in the glass of the picture frame. It was truly a sight to behold, and one of the absolute best sunsets we have seen in the two years we have been here.

Once again, on the occasion of another birthday, I recall the wisdom of my grandmother, Alice, who upon hearing me wish for summer holidays to go by faster so I could get back to school and see my friends, said the truest of words: "Johnny, don't ever wish for time to go by faster, because one day you will get your wish." Truer words were never spoken!

Comments

Popular Posts