The long road home...


After our spectacular Okanagan holiday, it was time to hit the long road home on Sunday August 28, 2011.  I had company for the first hour, but "numb bum" set in and my ridemate abandoned me for the comfort of the SUV.  Still, when you are riding in 30C temperatures, it's not all bad!  We rode past the 50 front runners of the Ironman race taking place from Penticton to Osoyoos and back... I was very glad to have an engine to power me up the hills!  With stops on the hour to unkink the wrist, have a nice cool drink, and streeeeeeeeetch the legs, it was a wonderful ride home.  The bike hummed along just perfectly, reinforcing why it was "Sport Touring Bike of the Year" for so many years.  After two weeks away, it was good to be home and good to sleep in my own bed again!

Comments

Popular Posts