Oh, that was a long six months!

 
Back in action!  After watching her sit forlornly in the garage since last October, it was time to insure my baby and get back on the road today for another 6 months.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go for a ride in the lovely 15C sunshine.  I went and picked up my first-ever pair of true motorcycle boots, so this should be the last time you see me wearing ugly brown walking shoes when I'm riding!

 
I took advantage of the beautiful weather, and with The Chad for company, I rode east to look at a "restored" 1982 Katana.  If you've followed the blog for a while, you know I used to own one a few years back.  I sold it and used the proceeds to finance my current bike, since the daunting cost of restoring my old Katana prevented me from doing so ($5000 to restore a $2500 bike... that would still be worth $2500... not a solid business proposition).  So, I thought I'd go check out a "fully restored" one.  As the saying goes, "Good from afar, but far from good".  The fellow selling it knows his bikes, and he did an admirable job on it, but once you get within 6' of it, you see how much work is yet to be done.  I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer until a truly "fully" restored one comes along!

 
I made it home in time to enjoy a nearly cloudless sunset... and from the 7-day forecast, it's a darn good thing I got my riding for the week in today!

Comments

Popular Posts