End of Part II


After nearly 30 years in their home in Squamish, my parents (and sister) decided it was time for a change.  This is the home that they have lived in, and that I have visited, all of my adult life.  I still remember the first time in 1985 that I hopped on my motorcycle and rode up to see it... much to my Mom's horror, as she thought the Squamish Highway was too dangerous for motorcycles... and she probably wasn't far off back then!  The new home is not far away, but it holds the distinction of having no stairs to navigate (unless they want to venture into M's territory!), and it gives them each a little more space to spread their wings.  In this photo, taken August 5, 2014, the "SOLD" sign had not yet gone up.  As of August 30, 2014, it is their home no more, and a new family will make their own memories there.  I will miss the big back yard, the shade under the deck, and all the familiar rooms that have held so many wonderful visits and events over the years.

Comments

Popular Posts