Reliving one's youth!

This is what they call "reliving your youth". After 17 years of not owning a motorcycle, I managed to find a very rare m/c that I have been looking for for a long time - a 1982 Suzuki GS750S Katana.
When these bikes appeared at the bike shows in late 1980/early 1981 as "concept" bikes, they were hailed as "radical", and "unlike any other m/c you've ever seen". This is the bike that changed the shape of sportbikes, and led to the racy, swoopy creations that you curse today when they flit in and out of traffic like hummingbirds on crack! And it was for sale right in my very own town!
I have given up thinking I will ever have the time or the $$$ to have a project car ('50 or '51 Mercury, chopped and channeled). However, on this scale, the project is manageable from both standpoints. To make it even better, several workmates have m/c's as well, and it isn't too hard to find a riding companion! I figure if I put together a 5-year plan to have it totally complete, I am not reaching too far... we'll see!
For the time being, I will ride it and enjoy it, and regularly phone/email Mom to let her know I am being responsible!
John

Comments

Popular Posts