And so it goes... to Sochi

OK, if you can't figure out what's in the picture above, I'm going to guess you have been on a small, deserted island with no form of communication for the past two weeks. This is, of course, a shot from the 2010 Winter Olympic Games closing ceremonies at BC Place... you might notice the odd bit of Canadiana in the photo? All I can say, after a month of Olympics, is that I am glad to be home, and am currently enjoying looking at my street with absolutely NO people on it! It was a wonderful personal experience, from which I have gained many new friends from across Canada. Sadly, from a professional point of view, it was a total bust. Little that we did had anything to do with what we are trained to do... which, I guess, in the greater scheme of things, is the perfect way for things to have turned out. However, at the end of the day, the poor taxpayer has ended up paying a staggering amount of money for the services of me and my compatriots, and when the final bill is tallied up, it's probably a good thing we won all the gold medals that we did, and the big hockey game... that might take some of the sting out of the cost!

Comments

Popular Posts