What might have been...

 
 

 
... the last nice riding day of 2013.   With but a single companion in tow, I took Thursday September 26, 2013 off, and we rode south in the (not so warm) sunshine.  It was a chilly morning as we rode south on Hwy 9, east on the South Skagit Highway, south on the Concrete Sauk Valley Rd, and then west on Hwy 530 to Arlington, WA for a fantastic lunch at the Local Scoop.  After a leisurely meal, we headed back north via Hwy 9 to Sedro-Woolley with some actual warmth in the air, and then meandered north and west past Lake Whatcom until we ended up in Linden for delicious homemade pie and coffee at the Fairway Café.  We parted ways there, and after a roundabout route back to the border, I was pleased to see only one car in front of me... 30 seconds and I was on my way home.  It's  been another great riding season, and I have my fingers crossed that there are at least a couple more days of good weather before my insurance runs out in mid-October!

Comments

Popular Posts