It never ends... Part II...


So, hard on the heels of the toasted connectors and regulator/rectifier (see last post), I pulled the stator cover on the VFR today to discover what you see above... "When checking your stator, be sure to look for any discolouration of the coils".   What do you think?  A bit of discolouration?  It smelled like marshmallows held over the campfire too long when I pulled the cover.  If you are feeling a whopping case of deja vu along with me, refer back to the post of September 26th, "Well, that could be the problem".  And I thought the stator on my 32-year old Suzuki was in bad shape with 3 black coils... this one sets a new mark, and the bike is 20 years younger (but, to give it its due, the VFR does have 87,000 kms to the Suzuki's 32,000 kms).  Oh, well, what's another $300, compared to all the joy and fun I get out of the bike... Sheesh!

Comments

Popular Posts