Sigh... it never ends...



Just when you think you're in clear sailing... on Sunday, two days before insurance expiry on the VFR, I have a complete loss of power on the way home (thankfully, only 5 minutes away). I managed to get it started again, and limped it home.  Getting off the bike, I could smell a faint whiff of burning plastic. Having already dealt with electrical issues on the Katana earlier in the summer, I headed straight for the rectifier/regulator.  This is what I found inside the wiring boot (which had a very, very black, burned patch showing) from the reg/rec to the stator... the top connector is the three-wire from the stator, and the bottom connector is the other end coming from the rectifier.  On the plus side, at least I didn't have to hunt too long to find the problem!  So, for the second time this summer, I will be shelling out some cash (not helped by the terrible exchange rate) for another rectifier/regulator... and hoping I can just replace the connector on the stator wire... and not have to replace the entire stator assembly!   It's a good thing I love the old, red bike!

Comments

Popular Posts