Road Trip, Oregon and back, Day 6


Pictures from Day 6 are few.  I was up at 9am and called the nearest bike shop, in Vancouver, WA (45 minutes away from our hotel).  They didn`t have the necessary part, but they found one for me in Olympia - 114 kms away, on I-5, on a Saturday morning.  Oh boy!  On my bike I got, and north on I-5 I flew.  The traffic gods were smiling, I barely touched the brakes, and the shop had the (right) part sitting on the counter waiting!  Part in pocket, back on bike, and flew back south.  Again, traffic gods smiling, and I was there and back (230 kms) in 2.5 hrs.  We were packed and ready to go already, and on the road at 1pm, only 3 hours behind schedule.  For K, it was going to be along, 340 km day to Forks, WA.  For me, it was going to be a long 570 km day to Forks!  We headed back west on the north side of the Columbia from Longview, then north up the Olympic peninsula.  We had a chips and water break at Rosburg, and a water and chocolate bar break somewhere between Aberdeen and Humptulips (I`m not making that up - Google it!)  One thing I learned about the Olympic Peninsula - it`s awesome, if you like trees.  If you like scenery, take another road!  Other than about 10 minutes along the ocean (with a nice stop at the Kalaloch Lodge), it`s nothing but evergreens.  We rolled into Forks only an hour behind our original plan, so it wasn`t all bad, but after nearly 600 kms, my backside was done!  We had dinner at the ``Best Pizza in Forks``, and then went back and collapsed.  The pics below are from our brief ocean view at Kalaloch.





Comments

Popular Posts